Monday, January 18, 2010

feelin' the love

Style School Project
Here's a cute little project I did for Style School.
I set a personal goal to use up craft supplies that I already have at my home for the projects. For this project, I used a light pink jersey knit pillow case and a dark pink shirt that were in the "to be donated" box at my house. Perfect colors for the upcoming Valentine's Day!
I cut the fabric into strips and wrapped it around the floral wreath. I used pins to secure the fabric. That way I can re-use the materials for a new wreath after Valentine's Day!
The buttons are even attached using pins. Luckily, Maddie had some that were Valentine colors with a pretty metallic pearl finish. I love buttons...I have jars and jars of them!
I cut shorter strips and tied them in the middle with a long strip of fabric to make the
pom-pomish flower. I used the end of the long strip to tie the flower to the wreath and secured it with a pin. 

xo-
miss anna

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! And wonderful result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really like the colours and the flower, it looks fab! I came over to your blog from the RVA Summer Camp flickr group :-)

    ReplyDelete